Friday, July 16, 2010

Our International Youth Forum Seliger 2010

Hey, my sweeties.

I wanna tell you about International Youth Forum “Seliger 2010”(url: http://www.seliger2010.com/). It was a crazy camping on the lake Seliger in Tver region of Russian Federation.
Actually I can say that I wasn’t a participant. My role (and Oleg’s too) was a group coordinator. It looks like a participant and coordinator of group with 10 foreigners. It was amazing experience as for me as for anybody else. Before Seliger I couldn’t imagine how powerful and crazy Russians can be. But after I realized that impossible is nothing. Of course I mentioned about Mikhail Mamonov. His team made a very great job. Yes, sometimes there were mistakes. But it was a first time in this level, but they did it! They did!



Also I came for three things: knowledge, people and ideas. Knowledge were ok, but people and impressions were the best I could meet ! They are from Poland, India, Egypt, Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Mexico, another countries and mother Russia. Everyone from our crazy camp is so special and interesting person. We went to lectures together, we cooked on the fire, we did kayaking, rafting, swimming, bicycling, climbing, went to St. Nil’s monastery, guys played volleyball and football, girls even had time to make nails, we overcome all camping inconveniences there, we celebrated Birthday, we danced at the parties, we had great sharing time all out of schedule, we opened 8 more countries from inside, we made friendship etc. I’m overfilled of warm feelings, memories and emotions now. And there were about hundred we same international camps besides.
But I have to say about few issues “out of topic”. I don’t want to mention too much about organization fails, but still. Our instructor and security guys, who didn’t speak any English (that was international shift of Seliger). We had a cooker, but usually another group don’t. Of course many things were organized just perfect: sport activities, internet class 12 hours a day, library, gym on the lake coast, exhibitions, fashion show by Art Parade at the same time with International shift, VIP guests, filtered water and firewood were provided, we had sharing time in the schedule, all kind of parties at evenings etc.etc. Anyway Seliger as an International Youth Forum – it’s an amazing idea. It worth to try. Especially for talented leaders of tomorrow. Thank you! Thank you, Mikhail! Thank you for this great time and memories in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment